03 May 2010

Don't Let Arizona Determine the Course of Immigration Reform

This past Saturday activists from across the country celebrated May Day, by protesting Arizona's recent anti-immigrant legislation and calling on Congress to commit to real immigration reform.

Huge rallies were held in major cities throughout the US, including New York, Chicago and DC. Our photographer Elizabeth Rappaport caught up with one of our grantees, Jobs with Justice, in DC. View the slideshow with some of her photos.




Read our post about the Arizona legislation.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly believe this law is stupid and allows a form of prejudice to take place. We are allowing the police and everyone to stereo type people, I believe it will become a bullies best weapon. I am not Latino I have Red hair and Blue eyes but does that mean I am excused from this law? This has to be illegal in some form.

    ReplyDelete